Andrew Bull – Sports and General Podiatrist
Sydney Sportsmed Clinic’s Podiatrist, Andrew Bull (CR PodRunner), specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of foot and lower leg problems. Having previously worked with professional sporting teams such as the Sydney Swans, his treatment includes walking and running assessments and video gait analysis to determine each person’s specific requirements. The ability to analyze a persons running and walking style on a slow motion replaycan lead to a far more accurate diagnosis of particular problems with style and posture. Andrew is also a member of the Sydney Striders running club and the Northern Suburbs Triathlon Club.
This enables Andrew to customise a treatment regime including:
- Treatment of foot and ankle disorders, including skin and nail conditions (blisters, callous, ingrown toenails- conservative care and nail edge resection if appropriate)
- Biomechanical causes of back, hip, knee, leg, ankle and foot pain Prescription of corrective foot orthotics (to fit sports and/or fashion shoes)
- Advice on appropriate stretching / strengthening and training programs
- Advice on each persons specific requirements in running shoes / football boots and other sporting footwear.
As a keen runner, cyclist and Army Reserve Infantry Officer, Andrew also has the insight and experience of 3 years in sports footwear retail, over 15 years of private practice as a podiatrist, as well as over 20 years as a competitive runner (road and track up to state level).
Andrew has participated in sports as diverse as:
- Running- track, distance and cross country
- Rock Climbing
He has also been interviewed for foot related articles for “The Sydney Morning Herald”, “Men’s Health Magazine”, “Good Medicine”, “Simming & Health“, “Cosmopolitan”.